Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What a beautiful Sunday!!!

I have been given the honor of sponsoring one of my closet friends, K, through her entrance into the Catholic faith.  The RCIA classes began back in August, and the whole experience has been wonderful.  These are the things that us cradle-Catholics usually don't ever get the chance to be a part of.  The classes themselves have been great.  K's hubby and my hubby tag along almost every week.  This has opened the door to dialogue we normally wouldn't have had.  It's also deepened our friendship.  We are so blessed to have this couple in our lives.  K's hubby is, what she refers to as, a "king size bed" Catholic...and well, I have one of those husbands as well.  The two of them are like peas in a pod.  You can guarantee that no conversation will leave the area of theology for more than 5 minutes maximum. 

This past Sunday was the Rite of Election.  K and I first had to go through the ceremony at our own parish, and then we went to the Cathedral to have the big ceremony with Bishop Baker.  Talk about taking your breath away.  The Cathedral was packed full of people who were preparing to enter the Church.  This was just one of three services being held over the weekend.  It was truly moving to see all of these people, who for months have been attending classes to enter the Church that I have come to love with every ounce of my being.  I'm beyond thrilled for all of them.  I can't wait for them to finally have the opportunity to partake of the sacraments and experience the joy that comes with being a part of the world-wide Catholic community. 

I'm so blessed to be taking this journey with K.  I have no doubt that our Easter Triduum is going to be amazing!!  I can't wait!!!

No comments: