Sunday, May 8, 2011

Still telling myself...it could be worse

A couple days ago, I was sorting through my LITTLE problems while tying to focus on how hard life is for many of those around me right now.  After the last two days events, I'm once again feeling called to examine my hardships and not take the "woe is me" approach. 

We’re in the hospital.  We got here about 11pm last night and they admitted Bright Eyes at 6am this morning.  They ran a CT-scan and found that he has a bunch of infected lymph nodes on the right side of his neck.  He’s currently hooked up to an IV to receive antibiotics.  Hopefully this will bring down the swelling.  About two hours ago his fever spiked to 103 again, so that means we’ll at least be here until tomorrow morning.  The lump has not reduced any in size and seems to be turning a bit red.  I’m not really sure what happens if the antibiotics don’t work, just trying to take it one step at a time. 

I’m going to try to stay off the phone while up here.  Bight Eyes is very lethargic, and I don’t want to wake him up.  Please call hubby for any updates.  And, it goes without saying, we’d sure love your prayers!!

My “God Wink” during this event was when we arrived to the emergency room.  It was just Bright Eyes and I.  As soon as I sat down I noticed a teenage girl sitting close to us who had multiple stab wounds on her chest and arms.  She had brought in her entire family (20 plus) people with her and they were all discussing the events.  I was desperately trying to shield B.E's eyes from that when from the other direction walked out a teenage boy being led outside in shackles and handcuffs.  It was very surreal.  I couldn’t help but pray for both of the teenagers, how sad this world is for them.  But…I was terrified, and wanted OUT of the waiting room.  Within the hour we were called back to triage and they did B.E.'s initial assessment.  He tested very low for his oxygen and had a rapid heartbeat.  This bumped us up to immediate status, so we were whisked right to a private room to await the doctor.  Five minutes later they tested his heart rate and oxygen again…they were perfect!  God was on my side in that triage room…he knew I needed us to feel safe!

I'll try to update the blog occasionally as things change.  It looks as if we could be here for several days. 

St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly
and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death,
listen to us who are pleading for our sick child.
We thank God for the great gift of our son
and ask him to restore our child to health if such be his holy will.
This favor, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
 Amen.

No comments: