Getting to this final list was a big ol' pain in the rear end. Being new to the homeschooling world, I was very confused with all the choices that were out there for curriculum. I must have changed my mind a bazillion times. It finally came to a point where I had to just say, "That's it!" and write down the final curriculum in red ink. I'm super excited with our choices, and I'm counting down the days until we start this wild ride!
And here is what our final list looks like:
*This is only for Zep, who will be entering first grade. Bright Eyes will be in 4K, so he will mostly be just hanging out with us and/or Sunshine.
- Literature (Tales/Fables/Classics/Poetry) - We'll be following the Mater Amabilis lesson plan.
- Writing - Writing With Ease Level 1
- Grammar - First Language Lessons Level 1 & Language of God Level A
- Phonics - Little Angel Readers B,C, & D
- Handwriting - Handwriting 1 for Young Catholics
- Read aloud and silent reading - First Grade Faith and Freedom Readers & Scholastic Level 1 & & 2 books.
- We'll be following the Mater Amabilis lesson plan for religion.
- Hubby is going to teach the kids an extra amount of catechism in the evening after dinner from The New Saint Joseph First Communion Catechism.
- Piano lessons given by the famous pianist, ME! Yeah right, I'm just hoping I can teach him to read music!!
- 36 Traditional Catholic Hymns and several other classical pieces that we'll listen to before bed each night.
And that's it folks!!! After months and months of struggling with what to do next year...this is it! Am I expecting it to go as wonderfully as my mind is dreaming it...absolutely not!! I'm pretty sure we'll be doing a lot of shifting as the year goes on. I'm not a teacher, but I love my children. And maybe, just maybe we'll learn to love to learn together!!!