Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, sweet baby girl!

Our Sunshine...
I dreamed of her long before she was created.  A little girl, OUR little girl!  I adore our boys.  I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world, but every woman knows that there is a place in her heart that longs to be a mother to a little girl.  I'm looking forward to all the wonderful girl times we are going to share together.  Pedicures, shopping, and doing hair!  I FINALLY know that I won't be alone in the kitchen cooking Thanksgiving dinner each year when I'm older.  Yes, this thought frequently plagued me.  I pictured my boys lounging in the living room enjoying football while their mother happily, but begrudgingly cooked dinner for them all, only to be left to do the clean up alone as well.  I also prayed hubby would be able to experience the joy of a daughter's love.  And, if it's God will, to be able to one day walk his daughter down the aisle.  God truly blessed us with Sunshine.  We didn't know she was going to be in our future plans, and how thankful we are that we're not in charge.  She has brought an immense joy into our home.

Sunshine...
  • is such an easy baby.  She's slept through the night since she was about a month old, and she frequently sleeps for 13+ hours.
  • still loves those two fingers to suck on when she's tired.  I'm looking forward to breaking that habit in the future {enter sarcasm here}.
  • is a crawling fool.  She can get from here to there in the blink of an eye.  Absolutely no interest in walking yet. 
  • is just starting to become a picky eater.  Her signal that she's finished eating is to begin throwing, in handfuls, all of her food on the floor.
  • babbles up a storm.  I'm still not sure if anything she says is actually a real word.  She does try especially hard to say, "thank you," although I'm the only one would could possible recognize it.
  • loves to dance.  It's almost like she has an on switch.  The music plays and her body starts amovin!
  • has a mouthful of teeth, 12 to be exact, and she is not afraid to use them!
  • is going to be one tough cookie.  After putting up with all the "love" Bright Eyes sends her way every day, she's likely to end up a future wrestler.  I'm bracing for the day that she "loves" him back!
Special thanks to daddy for remembering her birthday icecream on her actual birthday (mommy was out of town..shame, shame!).  It looks like she loved it!


January 30th, 2011

No comments: