Saturday, January 15, 2011

Party for Sunshine!


We celebrated Sunshine's 1st birthday with a wonderful party with family (and the close friends we consider family).  My very talented mommy and aunt made her a beautiful sun cake and a little smash cake to match.  Although, there were many times when I thought to myself that it would have been SO much easier to order something from Publix, I'm so glad we didn't.  They turned out adorable and will mean a lot to Sunshine as she gets older. 

Unfortunately, the smash part of the cake didn't quite go as I had imagined.  Didn't we mommies learn that early on with children, that nothing happens as planned!  The poor little girl was scared to death at all the people crowded around her, and refused to touch her cake.  After things calmed down a bit, we put her in her booster where she finally dug in!  I guess we won't have to worry about her itching to be the center of attention...we have Bright Eyes for that!

Her cute little shirt was made my Stickyfingerz Boutique, the socks and tutu were a gift from my mother, and her little hat was a cheap find at Hobby Lobby!  I can't express the happiness I get from seeing one of my babies dressed to the nines in pink.  Ahhh...I just love this girl!


Have I told you that she talks ALL the time.  Now granted, we have no idea what she's saying.  But she truly thinks she's carrying on a conversation.  Her and hubby were in her room the other day chatting about political events.  She clearly said that she thought the ice cream man should run for president, and that Gramma should be Secretary of State.  I had a good laugh in the other room as I heard my ridiculous husband pulling this stuff out of the air.  What a good and fun daddy!

January 15th, 2011

No comments: