Friday, January 14, 2011

My "extended" family...

It's hard to even call them that.  My aunt and her family as well as my grandfather have always been such a big part of my life.  I talk to them on a weekly, sometimes daily, basis.  We've never had the opportunity to live close to them though.  The drive between us is roughly 20 hours.  This has made our time together short but very sweet.  They surprised us by planning a trip down our way this past January.  It was wonderful!  It's the first time they've visited without there being a baptism for a newborn to attend.  This meant I wasn't exhausted the whole time from not sleeping due to nursing a baby all night.  It also meant I was able to enjoy the world's best margaritas, as my aunt and uncle have THE recipe for a perfect margarita!  It was a wonderful week full of shopping, card playing, and lots of laughing!  This summer the boys and I (minus the husband) are spending an entire month with my grandfather.  I can't wait to be able to spend more time with them. 

It seems that during the whole week I only managed to snag one picture.  This is my cousin loving on our kiddos!!


January 14th, 2011

No comments: