Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy 7th Birthday, Zep!

I know everyone says this...but seriously, I CAN NOT believe our little man is now 7 years old!  It seems like just yesterday that we were rushing to the hospital to have him.  What an amazing son he is!

Zep is such a smart boy!  As a homeschool teacher, he's my dream student.  He's truly excited about learning and picks things up so quickly.  He's just like his mommy and loves to read.  Most nights he sneak reads using the closet light to illuminate his book.  We allow it...how can we punish the boy for reading?  It's not uncommon for him to come bounding in our room in the morning announcing he read "a whole book" the night before.

Zep is still a HUGE gamer.  He would sit in front of the XBox all day long if you let him.  We bought him Settlers of Catan for his birthday.  It's a great strategy game geared for ages 10+.  I had no doubt that he would love it, and sure enough he does.  We wasted this entire last weekend playing the game all day!  Hubby and I are in heaven...we're both huge game people too!

Zep has wonderful manners...even in his sleep.  His night terrors stopped for awhile and then picked back up recently.  Some nights he'll just casually walk into the room mumbling.  If you try to converse with him he'll always respond with "yes, ma'am" or "no, sir."  I'd love to take credit for this, but it primarily comes from his best friend.  It's very true that your friend's habits rub off on you...I'm glad he has such a wonderful friend.

Zep is always willing to help out.  He may grumble every once in a while, but usually he'll jump up without any question when asked for a favor.

As far as his quarks...Zep rushes through everything.  I have to get him to slow down when doing his schoolwork because he makes silly mistakes.  He's one of those kids that tries to take advantage of times when his siblings are in trouble..."look mom, I ate ALL my vegetables."  He's still not really into independent play.  He's very social and would prefer someone be around to entertain him all the time.  His favorite word..."why?"  As in, "Cole, what's your favorite color?" .."why?"  We're working on not answering questions with questions.  He still can not sit still.  He's moving constantly.  We watched Facing the Giants recently.  He jumped up and down in front of the TV for the entire last 20 minutes when the football team was about to win state.

Happy Birthday to our amazing 7-year-old!

Zep, 
What a wonderful son you've been!  Dad and I couldn't have dreamed up a better big brother for your sisters and brother.  I so enjoy our times together.  Your excitement over the newest Beyblade or the stories you read is infectious.  Your energy amazes me.  Sometimes I look at you and am amazed that you've grown up so fast.  I feel like I blinked and the first 7 years of your life were gone.  You've grown into such a remarkable boy.  I love that you love to be home with me each day!  Our time together is priceless.  Happy 7th Birthday!  You'll always be my baby.

Love, Mom

Zep decided to skip having a big party this year and opted to have one friend stay the night.  He did request a Beyblade birthday cake.  Let me tell you, hubby and I could never work for the Cake Boss!  Zep didn't seem to mind though.


August 10th, 2012

No comments: