Saturday, May 12, 2012

Baby Girl Update...

They decided to have Baby (better nickname to come after we've gotten to know her a bit) admitted to NICU yesterday evening.  Her breathing is still right around 80.  And this morning they had started her on the jaundice lights - although that was more from precaution than it was because she actually needed it.  They're just assuming that she'll become jaundiced based on the history of our other children. This afternoon they inserted a feeding tube down her throat and are slowly giving her colostrum/formula.

From what I can understand - she will have to keep her breathing rate under 60 for at least 12 hours.  They'll then work on getting her to eat from a bottle.  Lastly they'll give her the crib test - two days in a crib to make sure she stays stable.

They're going to kick me out on Tuesday.  Based on the requirements for Baby to come home - I don't think she'll be joining us until at least the end of the week.  This thought kills me.  Please pray that she won't have to stay here too long.  I'm so eager to just sit and hold her.

May 12th, 2012

2 comments:

awv said...

Congrats on your new baby girl; she's beautiful!! And I love her name! Thinking of your little one today, and offering up special prayers that she makes it home soon. Happy Mother's Day!! Annie (Measells) Villasana

Donna said...

She is beautiful in blue. I'm so sorry you have to leave her, I know that's hard. Maybe think of it this way- she is supposed to still be incubating in your tummy so she is doing well to stay in her warm heated bed growing and getting strong to come home. I hope you can make yourself sleep and recover so you will be strong yourself when angelgirl comes home. Love you!