They decided to have Baby (better nickname to come after we've gotten to know her a bit) admitted to NICU yesterday evening. Her breathing is still right around 80. And this morning they had started her on the jaundice lights - although that was more from precaution than it was because she actually needed it. They're just assuming that she'll become jaundiced based on the history of our other children. This afternoon they inserted a feeding tube down her throat and are slowly giving her colostrum/formula.
From what I can understand - she will have to keep her breathing rate under 60 for at least 12 hours. They'll then work on getting her to eat from a bottle. Lastly they'll give her the crib test - two days in a crib to make sure she stays stable.
They're going to kick me out on Tuesday. Based on the requirements for Baby to come home - I don't think she'll be joining us until at least the end of the week. This thought kills me. Please pray that she won't have to stay here too long. I'm so eager to just sit and hold her.
May 12th, 2012