Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A month of emotions...

This blog has yet again taken a back seat.  I'm so far behind it's ridiculous.  Sunshine is going to have absolutely no memories from her childhood if I don't get going soon!  But that's not going to happen today.  Today, I just wanted to throw up some quick updates and thoughts.

We've had quite an emotional last month or so.  There have been feelings of joy, grief, and fear.  Isn't it amazing how we can feel so many things in just a short amount of time.

Joy...
Hubby and I are expecting another little one in May of next year!  We're very excited.  I'm about 10 weeks along and so far this has been my most difficult pregnancy yet.  The nausea that I am experiencing pretty much all day everyday is miserable.  Misery can be endured though, especially when you remember that this is just a temporary inconvenience leading up to a joyous miracle.

Grief...
We attended the funeral of a Cursillo Brother this week.  After a battle with cancer he is now resting peacefully with our Lord.  Each Sunday, I've caught myself grieving over the empty pew in church that he and his wife would sit in each week.  Toward the end of his life he was no longer able to attend Mass.  Hubby was able to go and visit with him a few days before he passed.  At the funeral, his wife told hubby that he called his visit with hubby an encounter and that he had felt love.  He was a wonderful man who will be missed dearly.

Fear...
Our oldest friends in Birmingham, J & Y, are also Zep's Godparents.  We don't spend as much time together as we did in pre-children days, but they have always been like a part of our family.  This couple has been a wonderful God-filled presence in our life.  I've often said that if you were to ever look up the word Christian in a dictionary, J & Y's face would be under the definition.  Well, just recently my sweet friend, Y, was diagnosed with stage III breast cancer.  Her strength up to this point has been amazing.  She's been a true inspiration to me.  I am scared for Y; she's got such a hard road ahead of her.  I beg anyone who's reading this to please lift my friend up in prayer.  I know without any shadow of a doubt that God is going to work miracles through her.  They may not come in the form of a miraculous healing but more so in the people she touches along the way with her amazing faith and trust in God.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend and I will pray tonight for your other friend with cancer. So glad you are feeling better. Take care sweet friend and rest when you can.